SUNeVision Partners with Digital Edge to Fast-track Customers' Regional Expansion
Establishing One-stop-shop Interconnection Hub for Hyperscale Deployments across APAC
HONG KONG, Dec. 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- SUNeVision Holdings Ltd. ('SUNeVision', SEHK: 1686), the number one data centre provider and connectivity hub in Hong Kong, jointly announced a partnership with Digital Edge (Singapore) Holdings Pte. Ltd. ('Digital Edge'), one of Asia's fastest-growing digital infrastructure providers. The two companies join forces to offer one-stop-shop interconnection and colocation services for hyperscale deployments across APAC.
The strategic partnership will further enhance the region's digital infrastructure and accelerate global connectivity. SUNeVision's seven data centres in Hong Kong including MEGA-i, the critical interconnection hub in Asia, will synergise with Digital Edge's robust digital ecosystem and extensive footprint across APAC, including facilities in China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. Together the two companies will offer enterprises seamless access to state-of-the-art, carrier-neutral data centres and colocation services, empowering business expansion with agility, efficiency and scalability.
The collaboration achieves unique value proposition in strengthening the two companies' leading position in the digital infrastructure space. It will unlock opportunities for organisations to expand their regional presence in APAC and access a highly connected digital ecosystem through a one-stop-shop solution.
SUNeVision is the largest data centre provider in Hong Kong with genuine carrier and cloud neutrality. Committed to providing market-leading colocation and connectivity solutions, SUNeVision has made significant investments in world-class infrastructure for more than two decades. It offers customers exclusive access to the strong data centre ecosystem with direct connection to 300+ global providers of cloud, telcos, ISP, CDN, OTT and more. Enhancing one-stop connectivity has remained a priority for the company. In early 2023, Asia Direct Cable (ADC)'s Hong Kong segment has landed at SUNeVision's HKIS-1, the first and only carrier-neutral cable landing station in Hong Kong, together with City Point-of-Presence (PoP) at its hyperscale data centre MEGA Plus.
Digital Edge is committed to bridging the digital divide in APAC by providing carrier-neutral colocation and interconnection services across the region, including the emerging markets. The partnership will reinforce Hong Kong's strategic positioning as a pivotal regional telecom hub. Asia-wide customers can access unparalleled colocation solutions via SUNeVision's world-class facilities in Hong Kong. Meanwhile, China-based companies can expand overseas by tapping into Digital Edge's extensive regional presence including the company's recently opened facility in Manila, NARRA1, as well as its newest data centre in downtown Jakarta, EDGE2, which comes online in early 2024.
Elisha Tong, General Manager, Commercial of SUNeVision, said, "We are excited to partner with Digital Edge to serve the fast-growing digital infrastructure market in APAC. Our strong footprint in Hong Kong, including MEGA-i, well-recognised for its most carrier-dense interconnection hub, will couple with Digital Edge's region-wide presence in Asia. Together we will bring a win-win solution to fast-track customers' expansion journey in the region."
Larry Tam, Senior Vice President, Go-To-Market of Digital Edge, said, "Hong Kong continues to play an important role in the region's digital infrastructure landscape and we are delighted to partner with SUNeVision as the largest data centre provider in the market, who shares our commitment to building state-of-the-art, responsible infrastructure to enable the world's digital future. This partnership combines our extensive data centre footprint and rich connectivity options across Asia Pacific with SUNeVision's high-performance colocation solutions in Hong Kong, to offer customers access to a broader digital ecosystem and address growing demand driven by generative AI and cloud deployments."
SUNeVision (SEHK: 1686), the technology arm of Sun Hung Kai Properties (SEHK: 0016), is the largest data centre provider in Hong Kong. We provide industry-leading carrier and cloud-neutral data centre services with Asia's number one connectivity. We connect providers of telecommunications, cloud, ISP, CDN, OTT from local, mainland China and global with enterprises of different businesses on our Asia leading data centre ecosystem.
SUNeVision forms MEGA Campus by extending the connectivity edge from highly connected MEGA-i to other high-tier data centres, including MEGA Gateway, MEGA IDC, MEGA Plus and MEGA Two. Facilities on MEGA Campus are interconnected through a dedicated dark fibre network and around 15,000 cross-connects. Together with City PoPs of major submarine cables in our facilities, we enable our customers for direct connections to multi-cloud platforms and multi-cloud exchanges with the best connectivity in town. The addition of cable landing stations HKIS-1 and HKIS-2 to our data centre portfolio will provide a one-stop-solution to cable owners and users, strengthening our position as the leading connectivity hub in Asia. We are committed to supporting Hong Kong as a regional information hub and a strategic gateway to mainland China.
About Digital Edge
Headquartered in Singapore, Digital Edge is a trusted and forward-looking data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, Digital Edge aims to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical.
Digital Edge was founded by a seasoned senior management team with decades of industry experience and an established track record of value creation in the data center, cloud and telecommunications industries in the Asia Pacific region. Backed by leading alternative investment firm Stonepeak, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in deployed and committed capital, establishing itself as a market leading pan-Asia data center platform. The company provides data center and fiber services across Asia, with a presence in China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines.
For more information, please visit Digital Edge's website.
PR Newswire News
- Lion Enhances OTC Stock Options Services Quality and Efficiency Powered by AI
- Autohome Inc. Announces 2023 Q4 and Annual Earnings: New Business Drives Sustained Growth
- U Power and Cornerstone Sign MoU to Explore the Application of New Energy Charging Equipment and EV Product Solutions in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia
- Autohome Inc. Announces Unaudited Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Financial Results
- HKBN and TP-Link Debut One-stop "Priority Plus" Home Wi-Fi Solution
- Baidu to Report Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2023 Financial Results on February 28, 2024
- "Eddid ONE USA": New Stock Trading App Debuts in the UK, USA, and Canada, Unlocking US Stock Market Opportunities for Global Investors
- Futu Clinches Multiple CME Accolades, Affirming Industry Leadership with a Commitment to Deliver Diverse and Flexible Portfolios for Global Investors
- Venus Medtech VenusP-Valve transcatheter pulmonic valve replacement system granted Health Canada approval
- China Southern Airlines Company Limited Intends to Deregister and Terminate Its Reporting Obligations Under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Innovent Announces Retirement of CFO and Appointment of New CFO
- CNOOC Limited Announces Suizhong 36-1/Luda 5-2 Oilfield Secondary Adjustment and Development Project Commences Production
- XTransfer Named to the 2023 Deloitte China Technology Fast 50™ Awards Program as the Only Cross-border Payment Platform
- Trip.com Group celebrates Lunar New Year travel boom with 10-fold jump in bookings as visa policies ease
- Tan Xuguang Leads Shandong Heavy Industry in Reflecting on 20 Years of Global Expansion at CEO Summit
- A Million-Dollar Airdrop Event for Celebrating Live4Well's first 150,000 Users Downloads In the First Month of launching.
- World Cancer Day 2024: RemeGen Announces Three Significant Developments in the Global Fight Against Cancer, Narrowing the Care Gap
- Weichai Group Advances Toward Becoming a Global Leader in Technological Innovation
- Beauty Farm Issues Positive Profit Alert for 2023
- DFS Makes History as Douyin Life Service's First Cross-Border Retail Partner, Revolutionizing Chinese Customers' International Luxury Travel Retail Shopping Experience