HKBN named as the Official Network Partner of Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open 2023
HONG KONG, Oct. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- HKBN Group ("HKBN"; HKEX stock code: 1310) is honoured to become the Official Network Partner of Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open 2023 ("PHKTO2023"), providing ultra-high speed network and Wi-Fi services throughout the tournament, affirming its support for this prominent international sports event in Hong Kong. This year, AegisConnect, an innovative one-stop connectivity solution will be deployed to monitor the network conditions round-the-clock with leading network management and security technologies. This will ensure a stable, high-quality viewing experience for audiences in Hong Kong and around the world. This WTA 250 (Women's Tennis Association) tournament will, after a five-year hiatus, take place at Victoria Park Tennis Stadium from 7 to 15 October 2023.
Philip Mok, President of Hong Kong, China Tennis Association said, "After five years, the Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open is back in town, attracting top players from around the globe. This event underscores Hong Kong's status as a global hub for sports, art and culture. We are delighted that HKBN has returned as the Official Network Partner, providing players, organisers, media and spectators with ultra-high speed network and full-site coverage. We are very much looking forward to the tournament."
Samuel Hui, HKBN Co-Owner and Chief Strategy Officer, Enterprise Solutions, drew a parallel between tennis and the network connectivity industry, "In tennis, as in the digital age, speed, stability and accuracy are vital. Our latest one-stop connectivity solution, AegisConnect, doesn't just focus on high speed, but also prioritises stable, secure and easy-to-manage network access. By integrating top-tier network management, security technology with HKBN Enterprise Solutions (HKBNES)'s commercial broadband network, we are redefining a new era of connectivity. Our professional team will monitor network performance around the clock, together with 24x7 SMS / email alerts to ensure safe and uninterrupted network throughout the venue, striving to bring a different viewing experience to the audiences. As a leading ICT leader, we are pleased to use our technological prowess to promote local international events."
AegisConnect is a state-of-the-art connectivity solution designed for medium to large enterprises. It integrates HKBNES's over two-decade experience and technology in managing its city-wide network, empowering customers with exceptional manageability and security support. The HKBNES expert team will offer comprehensive services from consulting and deployment to management and monitoring. This helps enterprises overcome IT challenges with a secure, stable, and easy-to-manage solution, optimising seamless network system and architecture connectivity and reinforcing network security equipment. It effectively helps businesses to improve resilience, scalability, flexibility, and operational efficiency to avoid losses. In this event, HKBN has specially installed a Fortinet-supported firewall under the AegisConnect solution to enhance network defense, paired with its speedy fibre broadband services and CommScope Ruckus Network's outdoor wireless access points to significantly improve the on-site network experience.
To celebrate the return of the tournament, HKBN will give away 10,000 Global SIM Travel Data Sim Cards with 2 days free travel data included (valid in 14 popular APAC destinations including mainland China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand) and 2 months of iQIYI Diamond VIP membership at the Tournament Village newly added this year. This allows public to enjoy the "Infinite-play" offerings brought by HKBN as well as the tournament.
HKBN becomes the Official Network Partner of Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open 2023, joining hands with Hong Kong, China Tennis Association (HKCTA) to support this large-scale sporting event with unmatched network services. (From left: HKCTA Chief Executive Officer Chris Lai, HKBN Co-Owner and Chief Strategy Officer, Enterprise Solutions, Samuel Hui and HKCTA President Philip Mok.)
Click here to download high-resolution photo.
About Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open
The Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open is a WTA sanctioned International Series Event. Owned by the Hong Kong Tennis Association, the Tournament is recognized as a Mega Event, supported by the Hong Kong Government, alongside Title Sponsor Prudential Hong Kong Limited. The Tournament is a community sports event with the goals of engaging people from all walks of life and fostering a passion for sport and physical activity in the region.
For more information, please visit:
About Hong Kong, China Tennis Association (HKCTA)
The HKCTA is a non-profit organization formed in 1909 with over 4,000 individual members and recognised by both the Asian Tennis Federation (ATF) and the International Tennis Federation (ITF). HKCTA's objectives are to promote tennis to all, to nurture talented players to compete at a regional and international level, and to raise the standard of the game in Hong Kong. To meet its objectives, HKCTA organises a number of local and international tennis tournaments as well as grassroots, junior and elite development programs, inter-club leagues, coaching certification courses and a Tennis-For-All open enrollment programme. For more information, please visit www.tennishk.org.
About HKBN Group
Headquartered in Hong Kong with operations spanning across Hong Kong, Macau, mainland China, HKBN Group ("the Group" or "HKBN") is a leading integrated telecommunications and technology services provider. The Group provides a full range of one-stop, high-quality information and communication technology (ICT) solutions and an unlimited services portfolio. HKBN's extensive tri-carrier fibre infrastructure covers over 2.54 million residential homes and more than 8,000 commercial buildings and facilities across Hong Kong. Committed to creating a lasting positive impact to wherever it operates, HKBN embraces a core purpose to "Make our Home a Better Place to Live" and has received a highest possible rating of AAA in MSCI's 2022 ESG Ratings assessment in environment, society and governance. The Group is managed by hundreds of Co-Owners (supervisory and management level Talents in the Group) who invested their savings to buy shares of HKBN Ltd. For more information about HKBN, please visit www.hkbn.net/en.
This press release is delivered by Hong Kong, China Tennis Association and HKBN Group.
PR Newswire News
- Brinc Introduces New Partners & Collaborators for 2024 Web3 & Gaming Programs
- Inaugural Asia FII PRIORITY Summit Powered By FII Institute To Take Place In Hong Kong On 7 & 8 December
- Antengene Announces XPOVIO® Regulatory Approval in Macau for the Treatment of Relapsed and/or Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- N mobile Makes Its Disruptive Debut - Probably the best value travel & lifestyle mobile brand in Hong Kong
- Kai Tin Shopping Centre Unveils Its New Wing with an Exciting New Look and New Shops
- The Grand Opening of River Cam Dermatology Centre and River Cam Nutrition Center (Shatin) Amalgamates Ancient Chinese Medicine Skin Care Wisdom and Nutrition Science
- First Digital's Stablecoin FDUSD Hits US$1 Billion Market Cap on Strong Market Adoption
- Innovent Announces the Phase 3 ORIENT-16 Study Results Published in JAMA Evaluating Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy for the First-Line Treatment of Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (G/GEJ) Adenocarcinoma
- Sirnaomics Announces Successful Completion of Cohort 1 from Phase I Clinical Study of GalNAc-Based RNAi Therapeutic STP122G for Anticoagulant Treatment
- The 2023 Investor Open Day of Zylox-Tonbridge was successfully held
- inQB8 Medical Technologies LLC and Peijia Medical Limited Report Successful First-in-Human (FIH) Implantation of MonarQ Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Replacement (TTVR) System in The United States of America
- Results of three investigator-initiated trials on cadonilimab (PD-1/CTLA-4) for G/GEJC, pMMR/MSS mCRC, and HCC neoadjuvant therapy published at ESMO Asia 2023
- Ascletis Announces Initiation of Phase III Clinical Trial of ASC40 (Denifanstat) for Treatment of Acne
- MINISO Group Responded to Unusual Price and Trading Volume Movements and Increase Plan in Shareholding by Managements
- Sun Hung Kai Properties' flagship project TOWNPLACE WEST KOWLOON unveils 53,000-sq. ft. TP SOCIAL CLUB, showcasing the "Bleisure Lifestyle"
- Reimagining education: 2023 Yidan Prize Summit explores innovative ideas that spark change
- SUNeVision Partners with Digital Edge to Fast-track Customers' Regional Expansion
- CARsgen's CT071 Received IND Clearance from the FDA for Treating Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma or Relapsed/Refractory Primary Plasma Cell Leukemia
- Abbisko Therapeutics Announced the Entry into a Licensing Agreement for Pimicotinib (ABSK021) with Merck
- Govee Partners with Warner Bros. for "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" to Bring an Immersive Lighting Experience to Fans