Ascletis Announces Positive Interim Data from the Phase IIb Expansion Cohort of ASC22 (Envafolimab) for Chronic Hepatitis B Functional Cure
HANGZHOU and SHAOXING, China, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Ascletis Pharma Inc. (HKEX: 1672, "Ascletis") today announces positive interim data from the Phase IIb expansion cohort (the "Expansion Cohort") of subcutaneously administered PD-L1 antibody ASC22 (Envafolimab) for functional cure of chronic hepatitis B (CHB).
The Expansion Cohort is a randomized, single-blind, placebo-controlled and multi-center clinical trial (ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT04465890) and planned to enroll approximately 50 CHB patients with baseline hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) ≤100 IU/mL who would be treated with 1.0 mg/kg ASC22 or placebo (at a ratio of approximately 4:1) once every two weeks (Q2W) for 24-week treatment plus 24-week follow-up. All patients in both ASC22 and placebo cohorts received nucleot(s)ide analogues (NAs) as a background therapy. In the second quarter of 2023, Ascletis successfully completed the enrollment of 49 CHB patients, including 40 patients in ASC22 cohort and 9 patients in placebo cohort.
Interim analysis was conducted when approximately 50% of the enrolled patients completed 24-week treatment of ASC22 or placebo. The interim analysis included 25 patients who completed 24-week treatment (19 patients in ASC22 cohort and 6 patients in placebo cohort). Topline results indicated that in ASC22 cohort, 4 patients (4/19, 21.1%) achieved HBsAg loss at the end of 24-week treatment. In contrast, there were no patients (0/6, 0%) achieving HBsAg loss at the end of 24-week treatment in the placebo cohort. ASC22 was generally safe and well tolerated. Most of ASC22 drug related adverse effects were Grade 1 or 2.
CHB remains to be a significantly unmet medical need globally, with approximately 86 million people in China and 1.59 million people in the U.S. infected with hepatitis B virus (HBV).
"While pursuing Phase IIb clinical study of ASC22 (Envafolimab) as monotherapy for CHB patients with baseline HBsAg≤100 IU/mL, we are also engaging global partners to discuss collaboration on combo therapies to achieve higher functional cure rates for HBV." said Dr. Jinzi J. Wu, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Ascletis.
Ascletis is an innovative R&D driven biotech listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (1672.HK), covering the entire value chain from discovery and development to manufacturing and commercialization. Led by a management team with deep expertise and a proven track record, Ascletis focuses on three therapeutic areas with unmet medical needs from a global perspective: viral diseases, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and oncology. Through excellent execution, Ascletis rapidly advances its drug pipeline with an aim of leading in global competition. To date, Ascletis has multiple drug candidates in its R&D pipeline. The most advanced drug candidates include ASC22 (CHB functional cure), ASC40 (acne), ASC40 (recurrent glioblastoma), ASC40 (NASH), ASC41 (NASH) and ASC61 (advanced solid tumors).
For more information, please visit www.ascletis.com.
PR Newswire News
- Brinc Introduces New Partners & Collaborators for 2024 Web3 & Gaming Programs
- Inaugural Asia FII PRIORITY Summit Powered By FII Institute To Take Place In Hong Kong On 7 & 8 December
- Antengene Announces XPOVIO® Regulatory Approval in Macau for the Treatment of Relapsed and/or Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- N mobile Makes Its Disruptive Debut - Probably the best value travel & lifestyle mobile brand in Hong Kong
- Kai Tin Shopping Centre Unveils Its New Wing with an Exciting New Look and New Shops
- The Grand Opening of River Cam Dermatology Centre and River Cam Nutrition Center (Shatin) Amalgamates Ancient Chinese Medicine Skin Care Wisdom and Nutrition Science
- First Digital's Stablecoin FDUSD Hits US$1 Billion Market Cap on Strong Market Adoption
- Innovent Announces the Phase 3 ORIENT-16 Study Results Published in JAMA Evaluating Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy for the First-Line Treatment of Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (G/GEJ) Adenocarcinoma
- Sirnaomics Announces Successful Completion of Cohort 1 from Phase I Clinical Study of GalNAc-Based RNAi Therapeutic STP122G for Anticoagulant Treatment
- The 2023 Investor Open Day of Zylox-Tonbridge was successfully held
- inQB8 Medical Technologies LLC and Peijia Medical Limited Report Successful First-in-Human (FIH) Implantation of MonarQ Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Replacement (TTVR) System in The United States of America
- Results of three investigator-initiated trials on cadonilimab (PD-1/CTLA-4) for G/GEJC, pMMR/MSS mCRC, and HCC neoadjuvant therapy published at ESMO Asia 2023
- Ascletis Announces Initiation of Phase III Clinical Trial of ASC40 (Denifanstat) for Treatment of Acne
- MINISO Group Responded to Unusual Price and Trading Volume Movements and Increase Plan in Shareholding by Managements
- Sun Hung Kai Properties' flagship project TOWNPLACE WEST KOWLOON unveils 53,000-sq. ft. TP SOCIAL CLUB, showcasing the "Bleisure Lifestyle"
- Reimagining education: 2023 Yidan Prize Summit explores innovative ideas that spark change
- SUNeVision Partners with Digital Edge to Fast-track Customers' Regional Expansion
- CARsgen's CT071 Received IND Clearance from the FDA for Treating Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma or Relapsed/Refractory Primary Plasma Cell Leukemia
- Abbisko Therapeutics Announced the Entry into a Licensing Agreement for Pimicotinib (ABSK021) with Merck
- Govee Partners with Warner Bros. for "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" to Bring an Immersive Lighting Experience to Fans