Everest Medicines Announces Approval of XERAVA® in Taiwan for the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections in Adult Patients
SHANGHAI, Sept. 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Everest Medicines (HKEX 1952.HK, "Everest", or the "Company"), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medicines and vaccines, announced today that the Taiwan Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) has approved the New Drug Application (NDA) for XERAVA® (eravacycline) for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI).
"The NDA approval of XERAVA® in Taiwan marks an important step towards bringing this novel, critical therapy for complicated intra-abdominal infections and other life-threatening infections to more patients in Asia," said Rogers Yongqing Luo, Chief Executive Officer of Everest Medicines. "Following the successful commercial launch of XERAVA® in mainland China and Singapore, we will accelerate patient access to this product in more markets including Hong Kong and Taiwan."
XERAVA® was approved by the National Medical Products Administration ("NMPA") of China in March 2023 and commercially launched in July. It has also been approved and commercialized in Singapore. XERAVA® has been recommended by multiple treatment guidelines in China and globally, based on its broad bacterial spectrum coverage and high potency against multidrug-resistant bacterial infections.
Everest entered into an exclusive partnership agreement with TTY Biopharm (TTY) in 2022 for commercialization of XERAVA® in Taiwan. TTY is one of the largest local pharmaceutical companies in Taiwan and has led the successful commercialization of other novel anti-infective products in the region, such as Brosym (cefoperazone+sulbactam), Colistin (colimycin) and Cubicin (daptomycin).
About XERAVA® (eravacycline)
XERAVA® (eravacycline) is a novel, fully synthetic, broad-spectrum, fluorocycline, parenteral antibiotic of the tetracycline class that has shown broad in vitro activity against Gram-negative, Gram-positive and anaerobic pathogens that have acquired multidrug resistance (MDR) and are prevalent in China. XERAVA® is currently approved for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) in the US, EU, UK, Singapore, mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. XERAVA® was licensed from Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Innoviva, Inc.
About Everest Medicines
Everest Medicines is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing transformative pharmaceutical products and vaccines that address critical unmet medical needs for patients in Asian markets. The management team of Everest Medicines has deep expertise and an extensive track record from both leading global pharmaceutical companies and local Chinese pharmaceutical companies in high-quality discovery, clinical development, regulatory affairs, CMC, business development and operations. Everest Medicines has built a portfolio of potentially global first-in-class or best-in-class molecules in the company's core therapeutic areas of renal diseases, infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders. For more information, please visit its website at www.everestmedicines.com.
This news release may make statements that constitute forward-looking statements, including descriptions regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of the Company or its officers with respect to the business operations and financial condition of the Company, which can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates," "confident" and similar statements. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, or other factors, some of which are beyond the control of the Company and are unforeseeable. Therefore, the actual results may differ from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors and assumptions, such as future changes and developments in our business, competitive environment, political, economic, legal and social conditions. The Company or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, advisors or representatives has no obligation and does not undertake to revise forward-looking statements to reflect new information, future events or circumstances after the date of this news release, except as required by law.
PR Newswire News
- Brinc Introduces New Partners & Collaborators for 2024 Web3 & Gaming Programs
- Inaugural Asia FII PRIORITY Summit Powered By FII Institute To Take Place In Hong Kong On 7 & 8 December
- Antengene Announces XPOVIO® Regulatory Approval in Macau for the Treatment of Relapsed and/or Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- N mobile Makes Its Disruptive Debut - Probably the best value travel & lifestyle mobile brand in Hong Kong
- Kai Tin Shopping Centre Unveils Its New Wing with an Exciting New Look and New Shops
- The Grand Opening of River Cam Dermatology Centre and River Cam Nutrition Center (Shatin) Amalgamates Ancient Chinese Medicine Skin Care Wisdom and Nutrition Science
- First Digital's Stablecoin FDUSD Hits US$1 Billion Market Cap on Strong Market Adoption
- Innovent Announces the Phase 3 ORIENT-16 Study Results Published in JAMA Evaluating Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy for the First-Line Treatment of Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (G/GEJ) Adenocarcinoma
- Sirnaomics Announces Successful Completion of Cohort 1 from Phase I Clinical Study of GalNAc-Based RNAi Therapeutic STP122G for Anticoagulant Treatment
- The 2023 Investor Open Day of Zylox-Tonbridge was successfully held
- inQB8 Medical Technologies LLC and Peijia Medical Limited Report Successful First-in-Human (FIH) Implantation of MonarQ Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Replacement (TTVR) System in The United States of America
- Results of three investigator-initiated trials on cadonilimab (PD-1/CTLA-4) for G/GEJC, pMMR/MSS mCRC, and HCC neoadjuvant therapy published at ESMO Asia 2023
- Ascletis Announces Initiation of Phase III Clinical Trial of ASC40 (Denifanstat) for Treatment of Acne
- MINISO Group Responded to Unusual Price and Trading Volume Movements and Increase Plan in Shareholding by Managements
- Sun Hung Kai Properties' flagship project TOWNPLACE WEST KOWLOON unveils 53,000-sq. ft. TP SOCIAL CLUB, showcasing the "Bleisure Lifestyle"
- Reimagining education: 2023 Yidan Prize Summit explores innovative ideas that spark change
- SUNeVision Partners with Digital Edge to Fast-track Customers' Regional Expansion
- CARsgen's CT071 Received IND Clearance from the FDA for Treating Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma or Relapsed/Refractory Primary Plasma Cell Leukemia
- Abbisko Therapeutics Announced the Entry into a Licensing Agreement for Pimicotinib (ABSK021) with Merck
- Govee Partners with Warner Bros. for "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" to Bring an Immersive Lighting Experience to Fans