Nona Biosciences Appoints Steve Arkinstall, D. Phil., as Chief Scientific Advisor
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., June 7, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Nona Biosciences, a wholly-owned subsidiary of HBM Holdings Limited, committed to cutting-edge antibody technology innovation and provider of integrated solutions from "Idea to IND" (I to I™), today announced the appointment of Steve Arkinstall, D.Phil., as its Chief Scientific Advisor. With over 30 years of global experience in biopharmaceutical research and development, Dr. Arkinstall brings a wealth of knowledge and proven leadership to Nona Biosciences.
Dr. Arkinstall has demonstrated remarkable competence throughout his career. He is a respected leader in drug discovery with substantial roles under his belt, including Research Head, Chief Scientific Officer (CSO), and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) positions at various pharmaceutical or biotech companies. Dr. Arkinstall served as CEO of Elstar Therapeutics and Revitope Oncology, companies advancing novel classes of multi-specific antibody-based cancer drugs. He previously was also the CSO of Kymab, an antibody therapeutics company founded in Cambridge, UK, prior to which he spent 16 years in progressively senior research leadership roles at EMD (Merck) Serono, and its associated entities across Europe and the United States.
"Dr. Arkinstall has extensive experience with antibodies, multifunctional antibody-based immunotherapies, and his proven success in incubating early-stage biotechnology companies are invaluable assets that we're eager to leverage." said Jingsong Wang, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of Nona Biosciences.
"I am excited to be supporting Nona Biosciences at this pivotal time in its growth," Dr. Arkinstall said. "Nona commits to making significant innovative advancements in antibody-based technologies and I am looking forward to using my expertise to contribute to the team's success."
Dr. Arkinstall's appointment is effective immediately, and he will play an integral role in guiding Nona's strategic direction, external alliances, and overall scientific operations.
About Nona Biosciences
Nona Biosciences (a wholly-owned subsidiary of HBM Holdings, HKEX: 02142) is a global biotechnology company committed to cutting edge technology innovation, and providing a total solution from "Idea to IND" (I to I™), ranging from target validation and antibody discovery through preclinical research. The integrated antibody and antibody-related discovery services with multiple modalities range from antigen preparation, animal immunization, single B cell screening, to antibody lead generation and engineering, developability assessment and pharmacological evaluation, leveraging advantages of Harbour Mice® platforms and the experienced therapeutic antibody discovery team. Harbour Mice® generates fully human monoclonal antibodies in either a classical two light and two heavy chain (H2L2) or heavy chain only (HCAb) format. Integrating Harbour Mice® and a single B cell cloning platform, Nona Biosciences is focused on driving global inventions of transformative next-generation drugs. For more information, please visit: www.nonabio.com
PR Newswire News
- Leading Independent Proxy Advisory Firm Glass Lewis Recommends IMAX China Shareholders Vote "FOR" the Privatization Transaction with IMAX Corporation
- WuXi Biologics Congratulates Amicus Therapeutics on U.S. FDA Approval for New Treatment for Pompe Disease
- Reynold Lemkins Shines at "American Davos" with Ambition to Support HK IPO by Long-term Investment
- Akeso and RemeGen Collaborates on Clinical Study Exploring the Potential of PD-1/CTLA-4 Bispecific Antibody with HER-2 ADC Combination Therapy in Gastric Cancer
- Bowtie designed insurance plan for individuals aged 50+ before retirement
- Ascletis Announces Positive Interim Data from the Phase IIb Expansion Cohort of ASC22 (Envafolimab) for Chronic Hepatitis B Functional Cure
- Innovent and IASO Bio Present Updated Long-Term Follow-Up Data for BCMA CAR-T FUCASO® (Equecabtagene Autoleucel) at IMS 2023
- OneOdio's Iconic DJ Headphone Pro 10 Achieves Sales Milestone of Over $320 Million by 2023
- AIA celebrates the grand opening of "AIA Alta Wellness Haven"
- Fosun Showcases LANVIN, Oriental Haute Couture and Yuyuan Original at WDCC 2023
- Metis and Chartered Insurance Institute Embark on Another Year of Collaboration
- Akeso Announced FDA Clearance of IND for CD47 Monoclonal Antibody (AK117) in Combination with Azacitidine in Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- BIOHK2023 LEAVES A MARK ON BIOTECH COMMUNITY: MUST-KNOW HIGHLIGHTS
- MAIYUE TECHNOLOGY LIMITED ANNOUNCES DETAILS OF PROPOSED LISTING ON MAIN BOARD OF THE STOCK EXCHANGE OF HONG KONG LIMITED
- Antengene To Present Results From Five Studies at 2023 SITC Annual Meeting
- Everest Medicines Announces Approval of XERAVA® in Taiwan for the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections in Adult Patients
- 2023 Yidan Prize: Michelene Chi and Shai Reshef awarded the world's highest accolade in education
- Hong Kong Breast Cancer Registry Report No. 15 Press Conference: Mammogram Screening Saves Lives, Saves Treatment Cost
- New Oriental to Report First Quarter 2024 Financial Results on October 25, 2023
- The Excitement Returns as AIA Carnival Kicks Off Sales and Promotions for this Winter's Greatest Event!