Forrester: Despite Softening Macroeconomic Environment, APAC Tech Spend Will Remain Robust And Grow By 5.8% In 2023
Tech spend will continue to increase over the next five years, with the highest growth concentrated in India and the rest of Southeast Asia
SINGAPORE, June 7, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- According to Forrester's (Nasdaq: FORR) Asia Pacific Tech Market Forecast, 2022 To 2027, technology spend in Asia Pacific (APAC) will grow 5.8% to reach US$732 billion in 2023. Seventy-four percent of growth will come from software and services as cloud adoption in the region increases. Additionally, software spending will continue to rise at a compound annual growth rate of 10.3% through 2027.
In spite of challenges including fragile post-pandemic supply chains; a shortage of science, technology, and engineering workers; and questions around how quickly China can restart its economy, APAC tech spend will continue to grow by 6.8% to 7.3% per year from 2024 to 2027. In 2023, Forrester projects regional tech spend growth to be:
- 6.3% in Australia. In 2023, tech spending in Australia will rise to nearly A$70 billion. Renewed sustainability efforts and the local services economy will strongly influence Australia's 2023 tech spend and digital growth.
- 7.4% in China. Forrester estimates that tech spending in China will grow 7.4% to hit ¥1.7 trillion in 2023. Technology innovation will play a key role in industrial modernization, and generative AI will catalyze tech investments in all major industries.
- 10.1% in India. Tech spending growth in India will be the highest in the region and is expected to reach ₹3.9 trillion in 2023. Strong government support for ongoing digitalization efforts will continue to impact investments in building a national digital infrastructure.
- 4.6% in Singapore. In 2023, tech spending in Singapore will hit S$22.17 billion. "The Silicon Valley of Asia" continues to be a stable regional hub for technology talent and innovation, with the government allocating high-level budgets toward innovation initiatives.
- 7.9% in the rest of Southeast Asia. In 2023, tech spending in the five major Southeast Asian economies (Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia) will approach US$47 billion, with Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines having the highest growth rates of 9.3%, 9.3%, and 8.1%, respectively.
"Asia Pacific currently accounts for 75% of global GDP growth," said Leslie Joseph, principal analyst at Forrester. "While we anticipate APAC tech spend growth to increase even further, it's crucial that countries and businesses invest in the right technologies to continue to benefit from growing digital and cloud infrastructure."
- Read Forrester's Asia Pacific Tech Market Forecast, 2022 To 2027 (client access required).
- Learn more about Forrester's forecast for APAC tech spend through 2027.
- Learn the actions that tech executives can take to navigate the current economic downturn.
Explore Forrester Decisions for Technology Executives and Forrester Decisions for Technology Architecture & Delivery.
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We help leaders across technology, customer experience, digital, marketing, sales, and product functions use customer obsession to accelerate growth. Through Forrester's proprietary research, consulting, and events, leaders from around the globe are empowered to be bold at work — to navigate change and put their customers at the center of their leadership, strategy, and operations. Our unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 700,000 consumers, business leaders, and technology leaders worldwide; rigorous and objective research methodologies, including Forrester Wave™ evaluations; 100 million real-time feedback votes; and the shared wisdom of our clients. To learn more, visit Forrester.com.
Related Links :
PR Newswire News
- PA Media Group Acquires Leading Horse Racing Data Company, iRace Media
- HKBN named as the Official Network Partner of Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open 2023
- BEA Victorious at the 11th Global Brand Awards
- China Information Technology Development Limited (CITD) and Moneda Pte Ltd Join Forces in Revolutionary Partnership To Serve The US$43billion Global Algorithmic Trading Market
- Leading Independent Proxy Advisory Firm Glass Lewis Recommends IMAX China Shareholders Vote "FOR" the Privatization Transaction with IMAX Corporation
- WuXi Biologics Congratulates Amicus Therapeutics on U.S. FDA Approval for New Treatment for Pompe Disease
- Reynold Lemkins Shines at "American Davos" with Ambition to Support HK IPO by Long-term Investment
- Akeso and RemeGen Collaborates on Clinical Study Exploring the Potential of PD-1/CTLA-4 Bispecific Antibody with HER-2 ADC Combination Therapy in Gastric Cancer
- Bowtie designed insurance plan for individuals aged 50+ before retirement
- Ascletis Announces Positive Interim Data from the Phase IIb Expansion Cohort of ASC22 (Envafolimab) for Chronic Hepatitis B Functional Cure
- Innovent and IASO Bio Present Updated Long-Term Follow-Up Data for BCMA CAR-T FUCASO® (Equecabtagene Autoleucel) at IMS 2023
- OneOdio's Iconic DJ Headphone Pro 10 Achieves Sales Milestone of Over $320 Million by 2023
- AIA celebrates the grand opening of "AIA Alta Wellness Haven"
- Fosun Showcases LANVIN, Oriental Haute Couture and Yuyuan Original at WDCC 2023
- Metis and Chartered Insurance Institute Embark on Another Year of Collaboration
- Akeso Announced FDA Clearance of IND for CD47 Monoclonal Antibody (AK117) in Combination with Azacitidine in Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- BIOHK2023 LEAVES A MARK ON BIOTECH COMMUNITY: MUST-KNOW HIGHLIGHTS
- MAIYUE TECHNOLOGY LIMITED ANNOUNCES DETAILS OF PROPOSED LISTING ON MAIN BOARD OF THE STOCK EXCHANGE OF HONG KONG LIMITED
- Antengene To Present Results From Five Studies at 2023 SITC Annual Meeting
- Everest Medicines Announces Approval of XERAVA® in Taiwan for the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections in Adult Patients