FOX Bet Strikes Multiyear Deal With Major League Baseball
LOS ANGELES and NEW YORK, Oct. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- FOX Bet today announced a new multiyear deal that makes the mobile sports betting product an Authorized Gaming Operator of Major League Baseball (MLB) in the United States.
As part of the agreement, FOX Bet has the right to use MLB's official data feed and League marks across its FOX Bet sports betting app and FOX Sports Super 6, FOX Bet's free-to-play game available nationwide.
"We continue to see a great appetite for the FOX Bet app as well as FOX Sports Super 6," said Robin Chhabra, CEO of FOX Bet. "Having a partnership with MLB enables us to use official MLB data and league marks, providing a better experience for our customers and comes just in time as the League Championship Series and the World Series kick into high gear."
FOX Bet is an online and mobile sports betting product that was developed through a first-of-its kind national media and sports wagering partnership in the United States between The Stars Group Inc. and FOX Sports, a unit of Fox Corporation.
The Stars Group is a global leader in the online and mobile gaming and interactive entertainment industries, entertaining millions of customers across its online poker, gaming and betting offerings. FOX Bet, The Stars Group's U.S. sports betting business, is currently operating in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The FOX Sports Super 6 free-to-play game launched nationwide in September giving players a chance to win hundreds of thousands of dollars each week. FOX Bet plans to expand its business nationwide as additional states legalize online sports betting.
"Adding The Stars Group and FOX Bet to our authorized gaming operator program continues our vision for ensuring we are serving fans with opportunity and choice," said Kenny Gersh, MLB Executive Vice President, Gaming & New Business Ventures. "Our official data feed, including real time and reliable game statistics, and league marks will enable The Stars Group to build unique and engaging gaming products around our sport."
The Stars Group and MLB will also collaborate on responsible gaming and partner on best-in-class practices to protect the integrity of MLB games.
About Major League Baseball
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic professional sports league in the United States and consists of 30 member clubs in the U.S. and Canada, representing the highest level of professional baseball. Major League Baseball is the best-attended sport in North America, and since 2004, MLB has enjoyed its best-attended seasons in the history of the game. Led by Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr., MLB currently features record levels of labor peace, competitive balance and industry revenues, as well as the most comprehensive drug-testing program in American professional sports. MLB remains committed to making an impact in the communities of the U.S., Canada and throughout the world, perpetuating the sport's larger role in society and permeating every facet of baseball's business, marketing and community relations endeavors. With the continued success of MLB Network and MLB digital platforms, MLB continues to find innovative ways for its fans to enjoy America's National Pastime and a truly global game. For more information on Major League Baseball, visit www.MLB.com.
About The Stars Group
The Stars Group is a provider of technology-based product offerings in the global gaming and interactive entertainment industries. Its brands have millions of registered customers globally and collectively are leaders in online and mobile betting, poker, casino and other gaming-related offerings. The Stars Group owns or licenses gaming and related consumer businesses and brands, including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, FOX Bet, BetEasy, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, and Sky Poker, as well as live poker tour and event brands, including the PokerStars Players No Limit Hold'em Championship, European Poker Tour, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure, Latin American Poker Tour, Asia Pacific Poker Tour, PokerStars Festival and PokerStars MEGASTACK. The Stars Group is one of the world's most licensed online gaming operators with its subsidiaries collectively holding licenses or approvals in 21 jurisdictions throughout the world, including in Europe, Australia, and the Americas. The Stars Group's vision is to become the world's favorite iGaming destination and its mission is to provide its customers with winning moments.
About FOX Bet
FOX Bet is an online and mobile sports betting product developed through a first-of-its kind national media and sports wagering partnership in the United States between The Stars Group Inc. and FOX Sports, a unit of Fox Corporation. The FOX Bet online and mobile sportsbook brings sports fans closer to the games they love by integrating regulated real-money sports wagering with interactive and content rich programing, including expert commentary and insights from some of the nation's most celebrated sports commentators and analysts.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements and Other Information
This news release may contain forward-looking statements and information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements can, but may not always, be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate", "plan", "continue", "estimate", "expect", "may", "will", "intend", "could", "might", "would", "should", "believe", and similar references to future periods or the negatives of these words and expressions. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the partnership referenced in this news release. There can be no assurance that actual results will not differ materially from those expressed or implied in forward-looking statements. Undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements. Please refer to The Stars Group's most recent annual information form and annual and interim financial statements and management's discussion and analysis for more information about the factors, assumptions and risks that may apply to The Stars Group's forward-looking statements. Each forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date hereof, and The Stars Group undertakes no obligation to correct or update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
PR Newswire News
- Manulife unveils new MOVE Health Score to help customers become healthier
- Cigna Study Shows Financial and Social Well-being Declines during COVID-19 Crisis
- Yuyu Pharma Signs Contract for Baseball Field Ad Campaign
- Hong Kong is number one in Asia for enterprise encryption, with customer personal information the top data protection priority, reports nCipher Security
- Herbalife Nutrition Survey Reveals Asia Pacific Consumers Turn to Social Media for Nutrition Information, But Prevalence of Online Myths Prevents Accurate Nutrition Knowledge
- Oi Wah recorded 6.5% growth of net profit in FY2020
- DERMALOG Fever Check at German Baltic Hotel
- China's Poverty Alleviation Has Made Great Contribution to Global Poverty Reduction
- China Telecom Voted as "No.1 Best Telecommunications Company in Asia" by FinanceAsia
- COVID-19 accelerating four key fundamental retail trends, finds KPMG report
- Anytime Fitness Asia Acquired by Inspire Brands Asia Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
- Accolade Wines names partner to drive growth in US
- Hang Lung Offers Food and Basic Necessities to Unemployed and Underprivileged Families Impacted by COVID-19
- Edmodo and Coding Galaxy Chosen by MoE Thailand as K-12 Learning Solutions
- Sansiri puts customers' health and safety first with convenient services, solutions and promotions in defiance of the pandemic, posting record sales of US$340 million in Q1 2020
- Innovent Announces First Patient Dosed in A Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Anti-TIGIT Monoclonal Antibody in China
- IVI Standardizes on Veeva Vault QualityDocs to Improve Operational Efficiency
- Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy Will Implement CHS Program in Destinations, Bali Becomes the Pilot Project
- China's medical rehabilitation market likely to see significant growth potential, five key sub-sectors identified, finds KPMG report
- Meituan Dianping Announces Financial Results for the Three Months Ended March 31, 2020