ACC and Hyperion Announce a JV to Develop Solar projects in HK and Macau
BEIJING, Oct. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, ACC Founders Limited (ACC) and Hyperion Solar Limited announce the formation of a joint venture to develop, construct, acquire and operate solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in Hong Kong and Macau through ACC Solar Hong Kong Limited (ACC Solar HK).
The global imperative to reduce carbon and tackle climate change is well understood.
In Hong Kong, a combination of the feed-in-tariff scheme introduced in 2018, policy commitments regarding renewable energy, climate risk mitigation, and innovation, and Hong Kong's long term decarbonization strategy provides a powerful policy context and incentive to invest in solar energy. ACC Solar HK sees attractive opportunities at this stage of the market.
ACC Solar HK is developing a pre-identified pipeline of projects and working to collaborate with public and private sector asset owners and other stakeholders to accelerate the growth of the solar market and increase the percentage of renewable energy in Hong Kong's energy mix.
In addition to capital, ACC Solar HK brings a wealth of PV development experience to the market from different regional and international solar markets. The company will seek to leverage the blockchain and fintech ecosystem in Hong Kong to provide innovative funding solutions to promote community ownership and accelerate the proliferation of small-scale solar installations which are typical of high-density urban areas like Hong Kong.
ACC Founders Limited is a leading clean energy solutions developer that serves large multinational and domestic firms throughout Mainland China. The company is the only distributed solar developer invested in by Goldman Sachs and DCIF in Mainland China and was named the "Best Distributed Solar Developer" by TUV NORD Group in 2016. Focused on rooftop solar projects, ACC invests 100 percent of the project costs and provides the design, engineering, equipment, government approvals, installation, and long-term maintenance of solar systems.
Hyperion Solar Limited is partly owned by Helios Renewable Energy Limited, a Hong Kong-based solar advisory and development company founded in 2015.
PR Newswire News
- International Diabetes Federation: Latest Figures Show 463 Million People Now Living With Diabetes Worldwide as Numbers Continue to Rise
- Blockchain Technology Empowers SMEs to Grow and Go Global
- International Peacemaker Professor Padraig O'Malley Receives Prestigious Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
- Chubb appoints Jason Keen as Division President, Chubb Global Markets
- Tencent Announces 2019 Third Quarter Results
- AGTech Announces Third Quarterly Results For the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2019
- Crypto.com Partners With Xfers
- Credit/Debit Card Top-Up for Singapore MCO Visa Card is Now Available
- Vakrangee Q2FY2019-20 Financial Results
- Suning Sets New Singles' Day Record with Omni-Channel Orders Increasing by 76%
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore Intrigued by WeBank's Fintech-powered Services at SFF x SWITCH
- Paradise Entertainment Makes a Glamorous Appearance at Macau Gaming Show 2019 Driving Innovation and Technology to the Electronic Gaming Industry
- United Kingdom's Unicorn unveils blockchain services for all industries
- Tokyo International Film Festival Reveals Diverse Lineup of Award Winners, Including Iranian Director Reza Jamali's "Old Men Never Die"
- IMAX China Names Edwin Tan Chief Executive Officer
- Home Control International Limited Announces Share Offer Allotment Results
- The French Tennis Federation (FFT) selects Wilson Sporting Goods as an Official Partner of Roland-Garros and of the FFT
- TRACE Releases 2019 Bribery Risk Matrix, Launches Bribery Risk Typology
- Parallel Wireless Helps to Deliver on MTN's OpenRAN Vision across Africa
- Crypto.com Lists Chiliz (CHZ)