Xixian New Area Hosts Shaanxi, China's Call for Global Collaboration on Innovative Urban Development
XIXIAN, China, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2019 Xixian New Area International Forum on Innovative Urban Development Model (IUDM 2019) gathered government officials, businesses, experts and academic institutions from more than 12 countries on October 13 to discuss the "High-Quality Urban Development" of Xixian in China's Shannxi province.
Xixian New Area Hosts in China’s Shaanxi Calls for Global Collaboration on Innovative Urban Development
Chang Gui, Executive Vice Governor of Shannxi Province, noted during opening remarks that urban development had shifted its focus "from speed to quality". As Xixian New Area explores innovative approaches in urban planning, construction technology, environmental protection, cultural heritage preservation and urban-rural integration to create a new urbanization paradigm, the forum is a platform for global partners to discover new ways in urban innovation and development.
A new district in Shannxi's Xi'an and the major hub of Greater Xi'an's economic build up as an innovative urban development, Xixian New Area has become a role model for large-scale urban development through new technologies such as coal-free and medium-deep geothermal heat supply chains. Highlighting advanced manufacturing, electronic information, aviation, scientific research and development, cultural tourism and headquarter incubation, the area has helped emerging industries gather at the most open and innovative platforms such as the free trade zone, high-tech town and innovation port to western China, as well as the Sino-Russian innovation park.
The IUDM 2019 focuses on global collaboration covering urban planning, construction and preservation as well as sustainable development. Featured forums, exhibitions, visits and events include the Sustainable Urban Development in Nordic Countries and the Innovation Development in National New Area.
Finn E Kydland, Norwegian economist and Nobel Prize Winner, said at the forum that from an economic perspective, capital and labor would generate products and services, while the most crucial process during production is technology development, which requires innovation in technology, production methods and artificial intelligence. In addition, he believes that financial development is essential, especially for start-up entrepreneurs and small businesses in making the economy more sustainable.
Shi Yulong, director of the China Urban and Small Town Reform and Development Center, said at the forum that the practice of the innovative urban development an in the Xixian New Area can bring samples to the inland areas, especially western Chinese regions. The talent recruitment system to academic institutions, universities and professional organizations as well as the establishment of incubation platforms for innovative development have built an ecosystem of product commercialization, which consists of production, studies, research and investment.
To tackle regional development challenges, the forums have helped cities apply new concepts and build consensus among China and other countries to share knowledge and contribute to world urban development.
Please visit: http://en.xixianxinqu.gov.cn/
About Xixian New Area
The Xixian New Area is the first national new area themed with innovative urban development model. It is led by creative urban planning and city-industry integration with ecological priorities; the goal is to create a modern, sustainable city with improved ecology, livability and business environment.
PR Newswire News
- International Diabetes Federation: Latest Figures Show 463 Million People Now Living With Diabetes Worldwide as Numbers Continue to Rise
- Blockchain Technology Empowers SMEs to Grow and Go Global
- International Peacemaker Professor Padraig O'Malley Receives Prestigious Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
- Chubb appoints Jason Keen as Division President, Chubb Global Markets
- Tencent Announces 2019 Third Quarter Results
- AGTech Announces Third Quarterly Results For the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2019
- Crypto.com Partners With Xfers
- Credit/Debit Card Top-Up for Singapore MCO Visa Card is Now Available
- Vakrangee Q2FY2019-20 Financial Results
- Suning Sets New Singles' Day Record with Omni-Channel Orders Increasing by 76%
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore Intrigued by WeBank's Fintech-powered Services at SFF x SWITCH
- Paradise Entertainment Makes a Glamorous Appearance at Macau Gaming Show 2019 Driving Innovation and Technology to the Electronic Gaming Industry
- United Kingdom's Unicorn unveils blockchain services for all industries
- Tokyo International Film Festival Reveals Diverse Lineup of Award Winners, Including Iranian Director Reza Jamali's "Old Men Never Die"
- IMAX China Names Edwin Tan Chief Executive Officer
- Home Control International Limited Announces Share Offer Allotment Results
- The French Tennis Federation (FFT) selects Wilson Sporting Goods as an Official Partner of Roland-Garros and of the FFT
- TRACE Releases 2019 Bribery Risk Matrix, Launches Bribery Risk Typology
- Parallel Wireless Helps to Deliver on MTN's OpenRAN Vision across Africa
- Crypto.com Lists Chiliz (CHZ)