Xixian New Area Hosts Shaanxi, China's Call for Global Collaboration on Innovative Urban Development
XIXIAN, China, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2019 Xixian New Area International Forum on Innovative Urban Development Model (IUDM 2019) gathered government officials, businesses, experts and academic institutions from more than 12 countries on October 13 to discuss the "High-Quality Urban Development" of Xixian in China's Shannxi province.
Xixian New Area Hosts in China’s Shaanxi Calls for Global Collaboration on Innovative Urban Development
Chang Gui, Executive Vice Governor of Shannxi Province, noted during opening remarks that urban development had shifted its focus "from speed to quality". As Xixian New Area explores innovative approaches in urban planning, construction technology, environmental protection, cultural heritage preservation and urban-rural integration to create a new urbanization paradigm, the forum is a platform for global partners to discover new ways in urban innovation and development.
A new district in Shannxi's Xi'an and the major hub of Greater Xi'an's economic build up as an innovative urban development, Xixian New Area has become a role model for large-scale urban development through new technologies such as coal-free and medium-deep geothermal heat supply chains. Highlighting advanced manufacturing, electronic information, aviation, scientific research and development, cultural tourism and headquarter incubation, the area has helped emerging industries gather at the most open and innovative platforms such as the free trade zone, high-tech town and innovation port to western China, as well as the Sino-Russian innovation park.
The IUDM 2019 focuses on global collaboration covering urban planning, construction and preservation as well as sustainable development. Featured forums, exhibitions, visits and events include the Sustainable Urban Development in Nordic Countries and the Innovation Development in National New Area.
Finn E Kydland, Norwegian economist and Nobel Prize Winner, said at the forum that from an economic perspective, capital and labor would generate products and services, while the most crucial process during production is technology development, which requires innovation in technology, production methods and artificial intelligence. In addition, he believes that financial development is essential, especially for start-up entrepreneurs and small businesses in making the economy more sustainable.
Shi Yulong, director of the China Urban and Small Town Reform and Development Center, said at the forum that the practice of the innovative urban development an in the Xixian New Area can bring samples to the inland areas, especially western Chinese regions. The talent recruitment system to academic institutions, universities and professional organizations as well as the establishment of incubation platforms for innovative development have built an ecosystem of product commercialization, which consists of production, studies, research and investment.
To tackle regional development challenges, the forums have helped cities apply new concepts and build consensus among China and other countries to share knowledge and contribute to world urban development.
Please visit: http://en.xixianxinqu.gov.cn/
About Xixian New Area
The Xixian New Area is the first national new area themed with innovative urban development model. It is led by creative urban planning and city-industry integration with ecological priorities; the goal is to create a modern, sustainable city with improved ecology, livability and business environment.
PR Newswire News
- Innovent Announces the Preliminary Results of the Anti-CTLA-4 Monoclonal Antibody IBI310 in a Phase 1 Clinical Study
- Ping An: China's SMEs Amid the Pandemic Are Facing Cash Flow Problems
- Technopath Clinical Diagnostics Launches the First Not-For-Profit COVID-19 Antibody Testing Initiative to Support Companies in Ireland
- QPS Awarded Two 2020 CRO Leadership Awards
- Activation Announces Joint Venture with Yuerun Information Technology
- Crypto.com Becomes the First Cryptocurrency Company in the World to Achieve ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Certification
- ZTE helps China Mobile launch China's first 5G medical edge cloud platform
- Haina Intelligent Equipment International Holdings Limited announces its subscription results
- Innovent Announced the Preliminary Results of the Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 Bispecific Antibody IBI318 in a Phase 1 Clinical Study
- Templafy Expands into Australia and Appoints Kavita Herbert as Director of Sales for APAC
- Infinitus supports poverty alleviation in four areas of Southern Xinjiang
- GTKonnect professionals join EY in expansion of global trade management services
- NetEase Launches Hong Kong Initial Public Offering
- NetDragon and KONKA Introduce New Smart Education Panel
- Yunnan Cambrian Town Happy World Offers Family-centric Holiday Experience with The Opening of New Dolphin Bay Hotel
- Luye Pharma Enters Distribution and Marketing Partnerships in South Korea, Hong Kong, and Thailand for Seroquel® and Seroquel XR®
- UK Digital Freight Forwarder Beacon Closes $15 million Series A fundraise, With investment From Jeff Bezos
- Henlius and Accord Receive Positive CHMP Opinion for Oncology Biosimilar, HLX02 (Trastuzumab)
- Shanghai Electric Accelerates Industrial Digitalization with Upgrades to SEunicloud
- "Unimpeachable": FHI Chairman and American Banker Chad C. Holm Victorious in BVI Legal Proceedings Against Hong Kong Politician and Lawyer Carson Wen Ka-Shuen and Ors