CleverTap Completes $35 Million Series C Funding to Drive Global Growth
Tiger Global Management, Sequoia Capital India Deepen Investment in Company's Winning Platform for Mobile Customer Engagement and Retention
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- CleverTap, the leading AI-powered customer lifecycle and user retention platform, today announced it has completed its Series C investment round, allowing further acceleration as a global leader in mobile app marketing. Growing at 250% YoY since 2015, CleverTap intends to use the funds to build out its new US-based engineering hub, add enhanced predictive capabilities to its market-leading platform, and fuel an aggressive global go-to-market expansion strategy.
CleverTap's Series C round is led by existing investors Tiger Global Management and Sequoia India. This new funding increases CleverTap's outside investment to $61 million since the beginning of 2019 — a period that has seen the company's valuation more than double from $150 million to $385 million.
"Leading companies know that the key to driving revenue growth in the mobile app space is increasing user retention and raising long-term customer lifetime value," said Sunil Thomas, co-founder and CEO of CleverTap. "We're in the unique position to deliver a holistic solution that not only provides actionable customer insights but also delivers the right message to drive deeper engagement based on real-time customer usage—all at scale. This latest round of funding will enable CleverTap to help more companies achieve their retention goals as they build long-lasting relationships with their customers."
CleverTap's customer lifecycle and user retention platform leverages machine learning to offer a robust engagement suite that enables brands to convert, engage, retain, and grow their mobile user base. The acclaimed solution has been adopted by some of the world's leading organizations across multiple industries, and customer growth has surged over 2X over the past year alone with an average of over eight billion user actions processed each day. CleverTap has helped generate over $2B in incremental revenue for its customers, and currently reaches more than one billion devices and over 8,000 consumer apps in more than 100 countries.
"There is a clear lack of viable solutions in the market today that drive the needed business outcomes for mobile conversion, retention, and growth," said, Mohit Bhatnagar, Managing Director, Sequoia Capital India LLP. "CleverTap is solving a significant pain point for marketers by offering a user retention platform that can exponentially increase customer lifetime value and long-term growth."
Global expansion and product development will be primary areas of emphasis for the company. Funds will be used to fuel team growth across engineering, sales, and marketing across the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia, allowing CleverTap to expand on its growing technology leadership position and drive awareness in expanding territories.
For more information or to schedule a personal demonstration, please visit clevertap.com.
CleverTap is the leading customer engagement and retention platform that helps brands maximize user lifetime value. Over 8,000 consumer brands around the world, including Vodafone, Star, Sony, Discovery, Fandango LATAM, Carousell, and Gojek trust CleverTap to help them improve user engagement and retention thereby growing long term revenue. CleverTap is backed by leading venture capital firms including Sequoia India, Tiger Global Management, Accel, and Recruit Holdings, and operates out of San Francisco, Seattle, London, Singapore, and Mumbai. For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow them on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Head of Global Communications
Related Links :
PR Newswire News
- International Diabetes Federation: Latest Figures Show 463 Million People Now Living With Diabetes Worldwide as Numbers Continue to Rise
- Blockchain Technology Empowers SMEs to Grow and Go Global
- International Peacemaker Professor Padraig O'Malley Receives Prestigious Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
- Chubb appoints Jason Keen as Division President, Chubb Global Markets
- Tencent Announces 2019 Third Quarter Results
- AGTech Announces Third Quarterly Results For the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2019
- Crypto.com Partners With Xfers
- Credit/Debit Card Top-Up for Singapore MCO Visa Card is Now Available
- Vakrangee Q2FY2019-20 Financial Results
- Suning Sets New Singles' Day Record with Omni-Channel Orders Increasing by 76%
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore Intrigued by WeBank's Fintech-powered Services at SFF x SWITCH
- Paradise Entertainment Makes a Glamorous Appearance at Macau Gaming Show 2019 Driving Innovation and Technology to the Electronic Gaming Industry
- United Kingdom's Unicorn unveils blockchain services for all industries
- Tokyo International Film Festival Reveals Diverse Lineup of Award Winners, Including Iranian Director Reza Jamali's "Old Men Never Die"
- IMAX China Names Edwin Tan Chief Executive Officer
- Home Control International Limited Announces Share Offer Allotment Results
- The French Tennis Federation (FFT) selects Wilson Sporting Goods as an Official Partner of Roland-Garros and of the FFT
- TRACE Releases 2019 Bribery Risk Matrix, Launches Bribery Risk Typology
- Parallel Wireless Helps to Deliver on MTN's OpenRAN Vision across Africa
- Crypto.com Lists Chiliz (CHZ)