Xinhua Silk Road: SAIC Motor gains momentum in India with 31,000 orders received by September
NEW DELHI, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Shanghai-based Chinese automaker SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor, 600104.SH) is gaining momentum in India, with its production base opened in April this year and receiving 31,000 orders in three months after the launch of MG Hector.
Eyeing the huge potential in the Indian market, SAIC Motor announced in early 2017 to invest 3.275 billion yuan to build a car manufacturing base and supporting supplier park in India by acquiring and remodeling General Motors India's Halol plant in Gujarat of western India.
Covering an area of 700,000 square meters with a planned annual production capacity of 56,000 cars, the Indian base is the third overseas auto production base of SAIC Motor in addition to its Thai and Indonesian bases, and makes SAIC Motor the first Chinese automaker investing in India.
On June 27 this year, SAIC Motor launched its first auto type MG Hector in the Indian market. Equipped with SAIC Motor's self-developed i-Smart intelligent driving system which was improved to cater to the Indian consumers, MG Hector has been selling well as the first Internet auto type in India.
By September 29, three months after the product launch, the Indian base of the Chinese automaker had received 31,000 orders with 7,000 new cars already delivered.
The strong presence of SAIC Motor in India has not only created jobs for locals but also injected vitality into local economy, with 50-odd percent of the auto parts produced by local firms. Besides, its Internet cars have also created new business for local enterprises focusing on Internet services, artificial intelligence and other innovation areas.
Currently, the Indian government is endeavoring to promote new energy vehicles (NEVs). This is favorable for SAIC Motor, according to an employee with MG Motor India Pvt. Ltd., as it boasts related technologies and plans to launch MG EZS, a type of NEVs of its own brand, to the Indian market by the end of this year.
See the original link: https://en.imsilkroad.com/p/308756.html?from=singlemessage
Related Links :
PR Newswire News
- International Diabetes Federation: Latest Figures Show 463 Million People Now Living With Diabetes Worldwide as Numbers Continue to Rise
- Blockchain Technology Empowers SMEs to Grow and Go Global
- International Peacemaker Professor Padraig O'Malley Receives Prestigious Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
- Chubb appoints Jason Keen as Division President, Chubb Global Markets
- Tencent Announces 2019 Third Quarter Results
- AGTech Announces Third Quarterly Results For the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2019
- Crypto.com Partners With Xfers
- Credit/Debit Card Top-Up for Singapore MCO Visa Card is Now Available
- Vakrangee Q2FY2019-20 Financial Results
- Suning Sets New Singles' Day Record with Omni-Channel Orders Increasing by 76%
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore Intrigued by WeBank's Fintech-powered Services at SFF x SWITCH
- Paradise Entertainment Makes a Glamorous Appearance at Macau Gaming Show 2019 Driving Innovation and Technology to the Electronic Gaming Industry
- United Kingdom's Unicorn unveils blockchain services for all industries
- Tokyo International Film Festival Reveals Diverse Lineup of Award Winners, Including Iranian Director Reza Jamali's "Old Men Never Die"
- IMAX China Names Edwin Tan Chief Executive Officer
- Home Control International Limited Announces Share Offer Allotment Results
- The French Tennis Federation (FFT) selects Wilson Sporting Goods as an Official Partner of Roland-Garros and of the FFT
- TRACE Releases 2019 Bribery Risk Matrix, Launches Bribery Risk Typology
- Parallel Wireless Helps to Deliver on MTN's OpenRAN Vision across Africa
- Crypto.com Lists Chiliz (CHZ)