VeChain Is Leading Co-sponsor of GDST Seafood Trackathons
SHANGHAI, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The need for an industry-driven, technology-agnostic global framework for seafood traceability was first publicly recognized by the World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on Oceans in 2013. It points out that 20% or more of fish catch results from "illegal, unreported or unregulated" fishing, and thus escapes basic fisheries management. The growing market demands also add to enterprises' interests in improving transparency within seafood supply chains. To meet the increasing requirements, it's necessary to standardise business practices and harmonise regulations to promote interoperable traceability within the seafood sector.
The GDST is set to hold its second and third Seafood Traceability Hackathons in Cologne, Germany from 21-22 October and in Bali from 26-27 October, 2019. Supported by multiple leading organizations and enterprises in the industry, such as GS1 Germany and USAID Oceans and Fisheries Partnership, the hackathons serve as a grand gathering of real businesses and a platform that boosts the development of valuable applications that can be used to solve real problems facing the industry. GDST's mission is to establish an international business-to-business framework capable of supporting a variety of technologies and solutions to bolster inter-cooperation on seafood traceability practices. The initiative is co-convened by WWF and IFT's Global Food Traceability Center.
VeChain, the world's leading public blockchain platform, will support this cause and is the sole blockchain sponsor of both hackathons. The GDST has placed Blockchain Integration as one of the four major categories for contestants, which is a testament to the legitimacy and value-added contribution by blockchain in the traceability industry.
VeChain will share with the Hackathon contestants its expertise in blockchain-powered traceability solutions that can be applied by a broad spectrum of seafood industry stakeholders from all parts of the supply chain. The winners of the Hackathons will be awarded prizes that includes prize value up to 10,000 EUR cash equivalent to support their efforts in developing innovative blockchain applications. As an added bonus, top participants will have an exclusive chance to be included in the VeChain's accelerator and bounty programs connecting them with the large network of the VeChain Ecosystem.
More than 60 producers, processors, and retailers from across the world will be brought together to have in-depth discussions on seafood traceability. VeChain's Europe Project Manager and technology expert, Arnaud Bauer, will introduce how to develop effective applications based on the VeChain ToolChain APIs or the VeChainThor Blockchain. With DNV GL's extensive experience and expertise in blockchain technology adoption, participants will find it easier to build and leverage blockchain-based applications to empower their businesses.
Over the past years, VeChain sees itself as an enabler in the blockchain ecosystem. With the release of the VeChain ToolChain, a powerful product that allows enterprises and individuals to adopt blockchain technology effortlessly, the technical hurdles to integrate blockchain technology is no longer an obstacle for businesses and enterprises. Participants in the hackathon, regardless of their proficiency in blockchain technology, will be able to develop applications that leverage blockchain technology smoothly.
Apart from efforts to transform the Food & Beverage, LNG, Fast Fashion and Luxury industry, VeChain has been steadily branching out into more sectors, and will involve more users who are devoted to efficient traceability efforts. VeChain hopes to attract more builders with the hackathons to develop real world applications in the VeChain ecosystem and create more valuable transactions.
Don't miss out on the GDST hackathons, come and join the leaders of seafood traceability industry and find out yourselves how VeChainThor Blockchain can be used to facilitate the real economy.
To register to participate in the Seafood Traceability Hackathon: traceability-dialogue.org
The Global Dialogue on Seafood Traceability (also referred to as the Dialogue) is an international, business-to-business platform established to advance a unified framework for interoperable seafood traceability practices. The Dialogue brings together a broad spectrum of seafood industry stakeholders from across different parts of the supply chain, as well as relevant civil society experts from diverse regions.
Launched in 2015, VeChain aims to connect blockchain technology to the real world by providing a comprehensive governance structure, a robust economic model, and IoT integration. VeChain is the pioneer of real-world applications using public blockchain technology, with international operations in Singapore, Luxembourg, Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, Hong Kong, and San Francisco. Together with our strategic partners PwC and DNV GL, we have established cooperative relations with many leading enterprises in different industries, including Walmart China, BMW, BYD Auto, Haier, Bright Food, D.I.G, DB Schenker, PICC, etc.
For more information about VeChain, please visit vechain.com.
For news inquiries, please email to email@example.com.
Related Links :
PR Newswire News
- Manulife unveils new MOVE Health Score to help customers become healthier
- Cigna Study Shows Financial and Social Well-being Declines during COVID-19 Crisis
- Yuyu Pharma Signs Contract for Baseball Field Ad Campaign
- Hong Kong is number one in Asia for enterprise encryption, with customer personal information the top data protection priority, reports nCipher Security
- Herbalife Nutrition Survey Reveals Asia Pacific Consumers Turn to Social Media for Nutrition Information, But Prevalence of Online Myths Prevents Accurate Nutrition Knowledge
- Oi Wah recorded 6.5% growth of net profit in FY2020
- DERMALOG Fever Check at German Baltic Hotel
- China's Poverty Alleviation Has Made Great Contribution to Global Poverty Reduction
- China Telecom Voted as "No.1 Best Telecommunications Company in Asia" by FinanceAsia
- COVID-19 accelerating four key fundamental retail trends, finds KPMG report
- Anytime Fitness Asia Acquired by Inspire Brands Asia Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
- Accolade Wines names partner to drive growth in US
- Hang Lung Offers Food and Basic Necessities to Unemployed and Underprivileged Families Impacted by COVID-19
- Edmodo and Coding Galaxy Chosen by MoE Thailand as K-12 Learning Solutions
- Sansiri puts customers' health and safety first with convenient services, solutions and promotions in defiance of the pandemic, posting record sales of US$340 million in Q1 2020
- Innovent Announces First Patient Dosed in A Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Anti-TIGIT Monoclonal Antibody in China
- IVI Standardizes on Veeva Vault QualityDocs to Improve Operational Efficiency
- Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy Will Implement CHS Program in Destinations, Bali Becomes the Pilot Project
- China's medical rehabilitation market likely to see significant growth potential, five key sub-sectors identified, finds KPMG report
- Meituan Dianping Announces Financial Results for the Three Months Ended March 31, 2020