CenturyLink Expands On-Demand Network Connectivity to Google Cloud Platform
Service expansion furthers CenturyLink's edge compute strategy
MONROE, La., Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- As more enterprises look to move their high-performance workloads and applications to the cloud, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) is providing a new option for connecting business premises and public data centers to cloud environments with the expansion of its Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections service to Google Cloud Platform. This expansion enables self-serve, real-time, dedicated network connectivity across thousands of endpoints in North America, Asia Pacific and Europe through CenturyLink's secure, global fiber network.
"CenturyLink is supporting the digital business with direct, on-demand and scalable cloud networking solutions that customers can easily control," said Paul Savill, CenturyLink senior vice president, core network and technology solutions. "With this expansion, Google Cloud customers now have a new, easy way to connect and control their cloud networking environments and adjust bandwidth in response to their evolving business needs."
CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections plays a key role in the company's edge compute strategy. It provides real-time network provisioning from the customer premises to CenturyLink's edge locations, allowing businesses to deploy and manage workloads in an agile development model. These edge services can connect to thousands of data centers and office buildings by leveraging CenturyLink Cloud Connect to run distributed IT workloads close to the edge of the network.
"With CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, enterprises will be able to connect their locations and scale their network up and down as quickly and easily as they do with their Google Cloud workloads," said Kerry Takenaka, product manager, Google Cloud. "Having your network behave in a cloud-like elastic way will be a key enabler to enterprises' hybrid cloud strategies and digital transformation."
CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections includes a self-service portal and API that give customers real-time control over their hybrid cloud networking using private Ethernet services. To further enhance the customer experience, CenturyLink also offers a simple pay-as-you-go billing model that provides the flexibility to add and remove services as needed, without term liability.
CenturyLink expanded its long-standing partnership with Google Cloud in 2019 by combining a public cloud with CenturyLink IT consulting services. CenturyLink established a Google Cloud Center of Excellence with certified Google Cloud architects and engineers who are highly skilled in cloud infrastructure, networking, migration and managed services to assist customers with their digital business. In addition, CenturyLink's global broadcast fiber network, Vyvx Cloud Connect, provides access to Google Cloud Platform by offering multi-site, diverse connectivity paths for high-bandwidth, high-quality video feeds.
- CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, available across thousands of locations in North America, Asia Pacific and Europe, also supports Microsoft Azure and Azure Government, as well as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS GovCloud (U.S.).
- Learn more about CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections:
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/.
Related Links :
PR Newswire News
- International Diabetes Federation: Latest Figures Show 463 Million People Now Living With Diabetes Worldwide as Numbers Continue to Rise
- Blockchain Technology Empowers SMEs to Grow and Go Global
- International Peacemaker Professor Padraig O'Malley Receives Prestigious Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
- Chubb appoints Jason Keen as Division President, Chubb Global Markets
- Tencent Announces 2019 Third Quarter Results
- AGTech Announces Third Quarterly Results For the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2019
- Crypto.com Partners With Xfers
- Credit/Debit Card Top-Up for Singapore MCO Visa Card is Now Available
- Vakrangee Q2FY2019-20 Financial Results
- Suning Sets New Singles' Day Record with Omni-Channel Orders Increasing by 76%
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore Intrigued by WeBank's Fintech-powered Services at SFF x SWITCH
- Paradise Entertainment Makes a Glamorous Appearance at Macau Gaming Show 2019 Driving Innovation and Technology to the Electronic Gaming Industry
- United Kingdom's Unicorn unveils blockchain services for all industries
- Tokyo International Film Festival Reveals Diverse Lineup of Award Winners, Including Iranian Director Reza Jamali's "Old Men Never Die"
- IMAX China Names Edwin Tan Chief Executive Officer
- Home Control International Limited Announces Share Offer Allotment Results
- The French Tennis Federation (FFT) selects Wilson Sporting Goods as an Official Partner of Roland-Garros and of the FFT
- TRACE Releases 2019 Bribery Risk Matrix, Launches Bribery Risk Typology
- Parallel Wireless Helps to Deliver on MTN's OpenRAN Vision across Africa
- Crypto.com Lists Chiliz (CHZ)