Bupa Global partners with award-winning artist to bring you Hong Kong Voice note Art
HONG KONG, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Bupa Global, the international health insurance arm of Bupa, was the principal partner of the 15th edition of the Asia Contemporary Art Show in Hong Kong from October 4 - 7, 2019. Amrita Sethi, an award-winning artist, was invited to the event to showcase her work 'Hong Kong Voice note Art', which encapsulates the beauty and spirit of Hong Kong by taking the shape of a soundwave and the iconic skyline.
Visitors were given the opportunity to create their own piece of art by using voice recordings to create sound wave patterns, merging art with technology in a unique and exciting way. They were encouraged to record inspirational messages and affirmations in recognition of the positive impact art can have on our mental health and wellbeing.
Good mental health is fundamental to physical and emotional wellbeing. Mental wellness has gained higher awareness in the society in recent years, but the pressure to be 'always on' in this extremely dynamic city can lead to mental health issues such as stress and exhaustion at work, school or at home.
Angus Slater, Managing Director in Bupa, Hong Kong, said: "As a leading healthcare business, we're focused on investing in the health of our customers. We recognise the powerful contribution the arts can make to our wellbeing, which is why we're delighted to partner with the Asia Contemporary Art Show in 2019. We hope this partnership will improve access to the arts for our people, our customers and communities across Hong Kong and beyond, helping them to live longer, healthier, happier lives".
The sponsorship coincides with Bupa Global's latest Live Your Best Life campaign and reflects Bupa's wider corporate and social responsibility commitment to its customers, employees, and the wider society and environment.
Bupa Global actively supports customers' lifestyle by giving them world-class health cover, both at home and wherever in the world they choose to be treated, within their area of cover. With direct access to leading specialists worldwide, freedom to choose where to receive day-to-day private healthcare, and benefits designed to support both body and mind, the plans go further. Having such extensive cover helps give them the confidence to do what they want to do and to live their best life.
Angus said: "There is an expanding body of research to support the case that art has a positive impact on our mental health and wellbeing, and that the arts can help people stay well, recover faster, and experience a better quality of life. At Bupa, we want to help the communities to recognise the importance of mental wellbeing, to promote a positive attitude in life and encourage people to pursue the things that excite them and make them who they are."
Notes to editors
- The Asia Contemporary Art Show is the longest-running and most intimate hotel art fair in Asia, bringing works to Hong Kong twice a year. Presented across 65 art living spaces are the most dynamic contemporary art being produced today, including over 1,500 original paintings, limited editions, sculpture, and photography.
- Amrita Sethi is an award winning artist, born and raised in Kenya. Amrita is a British citizen of Indian origin. She has lived in Dubai since 2007 and has also resided in Zimbabwe, Uganda, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. Her international diversity is reflected in her art.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Health insurance accounts for the major part of our business with 16.7m customers and contributes around 75% of revenue. We operate clinics, dental centres and hospitals in some markets, with around 15m customers. We care for around 22,300 residents in our UK, Australia, New Zealand and Spain aged care businesses.
We directly employ around 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Turkey, the US, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland. We also have associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance arm of Bupa, serving 2 million customers around the world. We provide products and services for globally minded and mobile people who want the most premium coverage and access to the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com.
PR Newswire News
- International Diabetes Federation: Latest Figures Show 463 Million People Now Living With Diabetes Worldwide as Numbers Continue to Rise
- Blockchain Technology Empowers SMEs to Grow and Go Global
- International Peacemaker Professor Padraig O'Malley Receives Prestigious Henley & Partners Global Citizen Award
- Chubb appoints Jason Keen as Division President, Chubb Global Markets
- Tencent Announces 2019 Third Quarter Results
- AGTech Announces Third Quarterly Results For the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2019
- Crypto.com Partners With Xfers
- Credit/Debit Card Top-Up for Singapore MCO Visa Card is Now Available
- Vakrangee Q2FY2019-20 Financial Results
- Suning Sets New Singles' Day Record with Omni-Channel Orders Increasing by 76%
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore Intrigued by WeBank's Fintech-powered Services at SFF x SWITCH
- Paradise Entertainment Makes a Glamorous Appearance at Macau Gaming Show 2019 Driving Innovation and Technology to the Electronic Gaming Industry
- United Kingdom's Unicorn unveils blockchain services for all industries
- Tokyo International Film Festival Reveals Diverse Lineup of Award Winners, Including Iranian Director Reza Jamali's "Old Men Never Die"
- IMAX China Names Edwin Tan Chief Executive Officer
- Home Control International Limited Announces Share Offer Allotment Results
- The French Tennis Federation (FFT) selects Wilson Sporting Goods as an Official Partner of Roland-Garros and of the FFT
- TRACE Releases 2019 Bribery Risk Matrix, Launches Bribery Risk Typology
- Parallel Wireless Helps to Deliver on MTN's OpenRAN Vision across Africa
- Crypto.com Lists Chiliz (CHZ)