Bupa Global partners with award-winning artist to bring you Hong Kong Voice note Art
HONG KONG, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Bupa Global, the international health insurance arm of Bupa, was the principal partner of the 15th edition of the Asia Contemporary Art Show in Hong Kong from October 4 - 7, 2019. Amrita Sethi, an award-winning artist, was invited to the event to showcase her work 'Hong Kong Voice note Art', which encapsulates the beauty and spirit of Hong Kong by taking the shape of a soundwave and the iconic skyline.
Visitors were given the opportunity to create their own piece of art by using voice recordings to create sound wave patterns, merging art with technology in a unique and exciting way. They were encouraged to record inspirational messages and affirmations in recognition of the positive impact art can have on our mental health and wellbeing.
Good mental health is fundamental to physical and emotional wellbeing. Mental wellness has gained higher awareness in the society in recent years, but the pressure to be 'always on' in this extremely dynamic city can lead to mental health issues such as stress and exhaustion at work, school or at home.
Angus Slater, Managing Director in Bupa, Hong Kong, said: "As a leading healthcare business, we're focused on investing in the health of our customers. We recognise the powerful contribution the arts can make to our wellbeing, which is why we're delighted to partner with the Asia Contemporary Art Show in 2019. We hope this partnership will improve access to the arts for our people, our customers and communities across Hong Kong and beyond, helping them to live longer, healthier, happier lives".
The sponsorship coincides with Bupa Global's latest Live Your Best Life campaign and reflects Bupa's wider corporate and social responsibility commitment to its customers, employees, and the wider society and environment.
Bupa Global actively supports customers' lifestyle by giving them world-class health cover, both at home and wherever in the world they choose to be treated, within their area of cover. With direct access to leading specialists worldwide, freedom to choose where to receive day-to-day private healthcare, and benefits designed to support both body and mind, the plans go further. Having such extensive cover helps give them the confidence to do what they want to do and to live their best life.
Angus said: "There is an expanding body of research to support the case that art has a positive impact on our mental health and wellbeing, and that the arts can help people stay well, recover faster, and experience a better quality of life. At Bupa, we want to help the communities to recognise the importance of mental wellbeing, to promote a positive attitude in life and encourage people to pursue the things that excite them and make them who they are."
Notes to editors
- The Asia Contemporary Art Show is the longest-running and most intimate hotel art fair in Asia, bringing works to Hong Kong twice a year. Presented across 65 art living spaces are the most dynamic contemporary art being produced today, including over 1,500 original paintings, limited editions, sculpture, and photography.
- Amrita Sethi is an award winning artist, born and raised in Kenya. Amrita is a British citizen of Indian origin. She has lived in Dubai since 2007 and has also resided in Zimbabwe, Uganda, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. Her international diversity is reflected in her art.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Health insurance accounts for the major part of our business with 16.7m customers and contributes around 75% of revenue. We operate clinics, dental centres and hospitals in some markets, with around 15m customers. We care for around 22,300 residents in our UK, Australia, New Zealand and Spain aged care businesses.
We directly employ around 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Turkey, the US, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland. We also have associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance arm of Bupa, serving 2 million customers around the world. We provide products and services for globally minded and mobile people who want the most premium coverage and access to the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com.
PR Newswire News
- Ping An: China's SMEs Amid the Pandemic Are Facing Cash Flow Problems
- Technopath Clinical Diagnostics Launches the First Not-For-Profit COVID-19 Antibody Testing Initiative to Support Companies in Ireland
- QPS Awarded Two 2020 CRO Leadership Awards
- Activation Announces Joint Venture with Yuerun Information Technology
- Crypto.com Becomes the First Cryptocurrency Company in the World to Achieve ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Certification
- ZTE helps China Mobile launch China's first 5G medical edge cloud platform
- Haina Intelligent Equipment International Holdings Limited announces its subscription results
- Innovent Announced the Preliminary Results of the Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 Bispecific Antibody IBI318 in a Phase 1 Clinical Study
- Templafy Expands into Australia and Appoints Kavita Herbert as Director of Sales for APAC
- Infinitus supports poverty alleviation in four areas of Southern Xinjiang
- GTKonnect professionals join EY in expansion of global trade management services
- NetEase Launches Hong Kong Initial Public Offering
- NetDragon and KONKA Introduce New Smart Education Panel
- Yunnan Cambrian Town Happy World Offers Family-centric Holiday Experience with The Opening of New Dolphin Bay Hotel
- Luye Pharma Enters Distribution and Marketing Partnerships in South Korea, Hong Kong, and Thailand for Seroquel® and Seroquel XR®
- UK Digital Freight Forwarder Beacon Closes $15 million Series A fundraise, With investment From Jeff Bezos
- Henlius and Accord Receive Positive CHMP Opinion for Oncology Biosimilar, HLX02 (Trastuzumab)
- Shanghai Electric Accelerates Industrial Digitalization with Upgrades to SEunicloud
- "Unimpeachable": FHI Chairman and American Banker Chad C. Holm Victorious in BVI Legal Proceedings Against Hong Kong Politician and Lawyer Carson Wen Ka-Shuen and Ors
- GAC Motor Delivers 550,000 GAC-made masks to International Distribution Partners in 26 Countries