BKH-ICD Showcases Upcoming New Inland Port to Boost Trade between Thailand and Malaysia
HAT YAI, THAILAND- Media OutReach - 1 June 2023 - BKH-ICD hosted an event in Hatyai with leading shipping lines and major forwarding players from South Thailand to introduce and provide progress updates on the upcoming new inland port at Bukit Kayu Hitam, Kedah. The event was also attended by Consul-General of Thailand in Penang Mr. Raschada Jiwalai, Director of Sadao Customs House Mr. Phadermdach Mungkung and Vice President of the Songkhla Chamber of Commerce Dr. Pairoj Chaichiratikul.
Linked and situated adjacent to the Bukit Kayu Hitam Immigration, Customs, Quarantine & Security (ICQS) Complex, the new inland port is expected to play a pivotal role in simplifying and streamlining cross-border trade. The said development is a strategic joint venture partnership with One Northern Hub Sdn. Bhd., a wholly-owned subsidiary company of PKT Logistics Group Sdn. Bhd. and Northern Gateway Sdn. Bhd. ("NGX"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Ministry of Finance Malaysia to develop the Delapan Special Border Economic Zone (SBEZ), Bukit Kayu Hitam, Kedah.
The BKH-ICD Inland Port will be equipped with the latest technology, including a terminal operating system, gate control system, security system and provisions for Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane operations. It is able to handle a capacity of up to 240,000 laden twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) per annum.
"We envision that BKH-ICD will provide significant benefits to forwarders, exporters, and shipping lines around the region. This is an opportune time as border trade between Malaysia and Thailand surged to MYR 79 billion during 2021 and is projected to grow 6% yearly. By tapping on this huge trade flow, BKH-ICD aims to shape the socio-economic growth in Bukit Kayu Hitam and its' surrounding areas in this public-private partnership with NGX," said Dato' Seri (Dr.) Michael Tio, Group Chief Executive and Managing Director of PKT Logistics Group Sdn Bhd.
"Spanning 50 acres of land with an estimated development value of MYR 200 million, BKH-ICD is a sustainable logistics hub consisting of four parcels, notably BKH-ICD Inland Port (Phase 1)
"Supporting the inland port with its warehousing needs we have Blackwood Forest with 215,000 sq ft. of storage space coupled with offerings of tastefully designed and comfortable office lounges for
"Blackwood Complex will have provisions for an educational institution, retail, co-working space, gym and lounge, offices, service apartments and multi-storey car parks. Besides serving the inland port users, it will also be a strategic rest stop for cross-border tourists serving as an ideal rest and recreation centre with a food court, convenience stores, cafes and more", Tio further added.
Meanwhile, NGX's Chief Executive Officer Razwin Sulairee said their partnership with PKT Logistics at Delapan presents excellent competitive advantages to mitigate unpredictable challenges impacting current and future investors.
"Our development is set against a backdrop of a post Covid-19 economic drought and a multitude of regional and global political setbacks. However, these operational and situational challenges have presented us with some clear advantages to create valuable solutions for our global and regional partners.
"Businesses setting up at Delapan can enjoy countless benefits to alleviate supply chain and logistical issues caused by potential disruptions affecting maritime regions like the South China Sea, in which case, an estimated US$3.37 trillion worth of annual global trade may be affected."
"Therefore, we present Delapan as a strategic alternative to supply chain challenges faced by our partners. In fact, it has never been easier. We are strategically located at KM 0.8 of the North South Expressway, at the crossroads of Asia Highway Network 2, linking you directly with Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, IndoChina, China and potentially beyond.
"This makes Delapan the fastest solution for easy and uninterrupted access to global markets via road transportation and terrestrial networks without unpredictable delays as a result of the situation at the South China Sea."
He said businesses in the shadows of the Covid-19 economic meltdown cannot afford to lose from more unpredictability. "Hence, we aim to provide our partners with a solid alternative to mitigate further losses from factors outside of their control, as best as possible."
PKT Logistics Group Sdn Bhd
Head, Corporate Affairs & Strategy
Northern Gateway Sdn Bhd
Head, Corporate Evangelist
Victor Ch'ng at +601-2438 4797or email email@example.com
Hashtag: #BKHICD #PKTLogisticsGroup #NGX #BukitKayuHitam #Onenorthernhub #TradeEvolution #InlandPort #ThailandMalaysiaTrade #EconomicGrowth #Hatyai #BKHInlandPort
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
About Northern Gateway Sdn Bhd
NGX, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Ministry of Finance Malaysia (Incorporated), is at the forefront of developing the border between Malaysia and Thailand at Bukit Kayu Hitam in Kedah. As the Master Developer of the Delapan Special Border Economic Zone (Delapan SBEZ), we play a pivotal role in enhancing Malaysia's position as a strategic gateway for border trade between Malaysia and Thailand.
Our vision is to strengthen Malaysia's position as an integrated and agile economic and digital centre fit for the future.
Comprising Delapan East and Delapan West, the project spans approximately 4,400 acres of freehold land with state-of-the-art industrial and commercial centres, designed to catalyse economic and real estate growth.
We aim to establish Delapan as a commercial & manufacturing space with Free Zone status, aside from being a data convergence centre attracting both foreign and local industries.
Delapan presents lucrative investment opportunities that will drive economic activities in the northern region and for the rest of the country. It's strategic position at KM 0.8 of the North South Expressway and at the crossroads of Asia Highway Network 2 presents unique advantages to our partners, offering them with the fastest logistics network and an accelerated supply chain connectivity.
About PKT Logistics Group Sdn Bhd
PKT Logistics Group Sdn Bhd is a socially responsible company providing logistics services by utilising local human resources, building environmentally friendly warehouses, open engagement with communities, and inspiring other businesses to provide a positive impact to the people and communities through its activities. For more information, visit https://pktgroup.com or Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/PKTLogisticsGroup
- Bybit Unveils AI-Enabled Futures Martingale Bot to Optimize Trading Strategies and Lower Average Costs
- 2023 Future Tech Pavilion- Exploring Taiwan's Key Technological Advancements and Global Tech Exchange
- Microsoft launches digital sustainability guidelines to advance Singapore’s position as a leading innovation hub in Southeast Asia
- EquitiesFirst Podcast Series II, Episode 2: India’s time to shine? Opportunity and risk in indispensable India
- UOB pioneers trial of Microsoft 365 Copilot Generative AI tool across multiple business functions to enhance productivity and collaboration
- Swiss-Belhotel International Debuts in The Kenyan Capital and With It in Africa
- Prudence Foundation, IFRC and Cartoon Network collaborate on launch of animated series on climate change
- ECSIPC Will Showcase Smart Retail Turnkey Solutions at GITEX 2023
- NTT and Qualcomm Team up to Drive AI at the Edge
- Rosette Celebrates their 10th Anniversary with Past & New Clients and Unveils Exciting New Offerings: Weddings & Beyond
- Lever Style Keeps Up the Momentum with Sixth Acquisition Since IPO and Continued Outperformance in the Apparel Supply Chain Sector
- The Year's Premier Financial Event Grand Unveiling of the World Investor Week in Taiwan
- Food Japan 2023 Showcases the Best of Japan's Food and Beverage Industry
- ROSEN, TRUSTED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Encourages Samsara Inc. Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation - IOT
- X-PITCH 2023 Announces Global TOP100 Startups
- Bybit Expands Crypto Trading in South Africa with New Derivatives Products and Fiat On-Ramp Service
- Respond.io Enables India’s Leading Job Platform Apna to Help Recruiters Process 22 Million Candidates
- UAE's Brightest Minds to Enter Bybit's Crypto Hackathon in UAE
- Hillier Industries Expands Services To Custom-Requested Products To Accommodate Growing Needs
- 華盛証券獨家加碼派送《夜校》首映門票 與張天賦見面齊觀影