Realtek Semiconductor Selects Allegro DVT’s H.266/VVC Compliance Streams
GRENOBLE, France -- (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Allegro DVT, the leading provider of video codec compliance test suites and semiconductor video IPs, today announced that Realtek Semiconductor, one of the world's largest and most successful fabless semiconductor companies, has selected Allegro DVT’s VVC test streams and will be used to ensure compliance of Realtek’s products with the new emerging VVC video compression standard.
Versatile Video Coding (VVC) is the latest video compression standard that was finalized in June 2020. The VVC codec has been conceived to be versatile and to address all video applications such as mobile telephony, VOD, Broadcasting, OTT streaming, videoconferencing, screen content, 360° and scalable coding and their requirements in terms of resolution, bitrates and latency.
Furthermore, this VVC test suite is part of a broad family of conformance test suites providing complete bitstream sets to test the compliance of video decoders for formats that include H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, AVS2, AVS3, VP9, AV1 and now VVC/H.266.
“The latest VVC video compression format pushes the complexity of decoder implementations to higher levels, presenting new verification and validation challenges,” said Realtek’s Vice President and Spokesman, Yee-Wei Huang. “Allegro DVT’s VVC test solution provides the quality and test coverage required to meet our rigorous validation processes.”
Nathalie Brault, VP Marketing at Allegro DVT, commented “We are proud that Realtek selected our VVC test suite proving once more the quality of compliance streams solutions. As the compression efficiency of new video codecs increases, so does the implementation complexity. More than ever, the industry needs a trusted supplier of test streams to ensure 100% compliance with video compression standards.”
About Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT, headquartered in Grenoble/France with offices in Belfast/Northern Ireland and Beijing/China, is a world leading provider of digital video technology solutions including compliance streams and video codec semiconductor IPs focused on the H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, AVS2, AVS3, VP9, AV1 and VVC standards.
Founded in 2003, Allegro is today a recognized market leader in video compression technologies and has been chosen by more than 100 major IC providers, OEMs and broadcasters.
For more information, visit www.allegrodvt.com
Interfax Business Wire
- ROSEN, TRUSTED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Reminds JOYY Inc. Investors of Important Deadline in Securities Class Action First Filed by the Firm; Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100K to Contact the Firm – YY
- Kaneka Develops Super Heat-Resistant Polyimide Film for 5G Millimeter Wave Zones
- Last and Final Victory for Sisvel Before the German Federal Supreme Court (BGH) In the Sisvel vs Haier Cases
- Leveraging Its Mobile ID, IDEMIA Brings Digital Travel Credentials to Life
- Elliptic Labs Launches with Xiaomi’s Mass-Volume Smartphone Redmi Note 9 Pro Smartphones
- DEWA Innovation Centre and 800MW 3rd Phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park Inaugurated
- Saudi Urban20 Chair Wishes Italy ‘Buona Fortuna’ With the 2021 Urban20 Presidency
- ViacomCBS to Sell Simon & Schuster to Penguin Random House for $2.175 Billion
- Fitbit and JMDC Sign Agreement to Appoint JMDC as Exclusive Distributor of Fitbit Premium for Enterprise Customers in Japan
- Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Selects Immervision InnovationLab to Develop a Computer Vision Wide Angle Camera for the Blue UAS Framework Project
- Mavenir and Airtel Demonstrate O-RAN RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) at Global O-RAN ALLIANCE Plugfest hosted by Airtel in India
- Northern Data AG Commissions First Data Center in the Netherlands
- Faraday Supplies 28eHV Memory Compilers for Mobile OLED Display Driver IC
- Advanced Technology Research Council Announces ‘ASPIRE’ – to Drive the Creation of Future Transformative Technologies
- Vifor Pharma supports Iron Deficiency Day 2020 to highlight global impact on health and gender inequality
- WTA and Stats Perform Serve up Breakthrough Tennis AI and Data Partnership, in Landmark Deal for Women’s Sports
- Moody’s Analytics Earns #2 Overall Ranking in Chartis RiskTech100®
- The Open Group and International Telecommunication Union Collaborate to Develop Digital Government Strategies
- MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Inc. Announces Filing of Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering on NASDAQ
- Local Governments Realize ExaGrid Offers Exceptional Backup Storage